Sunday, January 3, 2016

A PURE HEART

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me" 

What is God's version of a pure heart?

I can guarantee you that it is not what I thought it was.  Starting 2016, I realize that every year I seem to be walking further away from the Father than towards Him. I have grown up in a Christian family, the church, and I have not "departed" from Him. But I am not "close" to Him either.

For this new year, I wanted to go on a new journey. One I have never gotten far in before. Oh yes, I have started it but never got further that 10 steps if that. What is this journey? It is one that I feel will make me a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend and most of all, child of the Heavenly Father. This journey is into His Holy Word. 

He knows my name, but do I know His? I thought I did, but now I am not so sure.  I have to say I am very excited and raring to go. But like everyone else, I am human. I want this to be a public declaration, an accountability of this new walk in my life... 

"Being Pure In Heart"

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." 

I need to see Him. I crave to see Him. He has put this desire in me. He has seeked me out. He has not forsaken, forgotten or ignored. Now it is my turn to do the same.  So won't you journey with me this year?

This new journey is starting with praying, reading the Word of God, praising Him with music and speech, serving Him with my family and church, and lastly, worshiping Him with my art.

I am going to start Bible Journaling. I know it won't be perfect, but I can promise you it will be authentic.

 The NRSV Notetaker's BIBLE
This is the Bible I will be using for my journaling.

As you can see this Bible has lined margins that will work for my "ahem" art.
I do wish the font was a little bigger, but we'll go with it.

Let's see how this goes. It me and you Lord.


7 comments:

  1. I am so excited to be on this journey with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something caught my eye. He has seeked me out. He has not forsaken, forgotten or ignored me and now its my turn to do the same. WOW, those words hit me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad. It is so easy to lose sight of Him in our busy lives. But nothing and no one will ever separate us from the love of the Father. If we reach out our hand, He will be there to grab it in a heartbeat!

      Delete
  3. I believe that God has touched both of our hearts in the same way this year....and I am thankful you are doing this blog, I know it will be helpful for me. Hugs & Blessings....Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this...I will be sharing my spiritual journey as well on my blog some this year. I am participating in a daily Scripture writing plan that I am illustrating 1 thing on each page that stood out to me, hopefully that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is wonderful. I am so glad to be on the journey with you too!

      Delete