A PURE HEART
Welcome again to my new journey which includes this new blog, A Pure Heart of Worship. In my first post I explain how I came up with the blog name and what the new year and God has birthed in my heart. This is going to be my year of Him and me together along with using talents like crafting just another way I can get to know Him more and worship Him. Click on "The Journey" if you would like to check it out.
For my first entry, I wanted it to explain what the purpose of even starting the journey is. This is not just a hobby like scrapbooking and cardmaking is. No, this is a life change. It is the desire I have to be closer to God. One way that I can do this is through Art Worship.
So let's get started and remember, this is my first time ever so I am learning as I go. Hopefully what I learn will inspire you.
- I used Faber Castell Gesso and covered my whole page. This is a white medium so there is only a faint marking of the words. If you want to be able to see words, you will need clear gesso. DO NOT use mod podge, it will make your papers stick together.
- Using a pencil, I free hand the heart. I didn't want a perfect heart so I was very flowy. This is the best part, you can do whatever you like.
- Using a Zig Black Calligraphy pen, I wrote out the lines of the song that God has put in my heart recently. He Knows My Name. (If you want to know more or hear the song, check out this post)
- Then erase the pencil line. I did notice that it lighten the ink but I like how it looks.
- Now take a deep breath. You are going to be playing with water in your Bible!!! First, using a Prismacolor watercolor pencil, I lightly filled in the heart. Then with light water on your brush, start to blend. I would blend a little and then hit with the heat gun. I did this 3-4 times before I got the color I wanted.
- Using Faber Castel Gelato, I created the background. I colored some on the paper, then using a wet finger, I started blending. Use the heat gun and then start again with a different color.
- I have some glitter border sticker strips in my old craft stash. Using those, I made the border.
- I ended taking #8 off, it was just me using a ruler to line up the sticker strips. No biggie and I will probably just eye ball it next time.
- Using a Tim Holtz Distress Marker, I started my journaling. This was such a wonderful time with the Lord. A time of creativity, worship, prayer. This is the reason I am on the journey.
- Of course I had to write my verse of the year, even though I don't like my handwriting!
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Ps 51:10.
Lastly, I have a YouTube Channel where I have a lot of my card and technique tutorials. So of course I had to make a video of my first page. If you like, you can click over to there and check it out. I talk a little more on how I made this page.
Thank you for stopping by and God Bless,
♡♡♡ A Pure heArt of Worship ♡♡♡
♡♡♡Facebook Bible Art Journal Groups♡♡♡
♡♡♡ Scrapbook Blessings Club social media ♡♡♡
♡ T W I T T E R➜ @SBBlessingsClub
♡ B L O G➜ https://www.scrapbookblessingsclub.com
♡ Y O U T U B E➜ https://www.youtube.com/user/amomsjoy3
♡ F A C E B O O K Group➜ https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheScrapBookblessingsClub/
♡ F A C E B O O K Page➜ https://www.facebook.com/scrapbookblessingsclub/?fref=ts
♡ P I N T E R E S T➜ https://www.pinterest.com/cleosan52/the-scrapbook-blessings-club/