Sunday, August 11, 2019

HOPE ANCHORS

We have this HOPE, a sure and steadfast ANCHOR of the SOUL, a HOPE that enters the inner shrine behind the curtain, where Jesus, our forerunner has entered on our behalf, having become a high priest.
Hebrews 6:19-20

As a Christian, hope is not about wishing for something or waiting for it to happen, but it is an expectation, a blessed assurance that we can have in the Lord, especially in times of trouble and uncertainty. It is knowing that He is with us all the time and everywhere we go, He hears our prayers, and He comforts and heals our bodies, hearts, and souls. Hope leads to patience, courage, peace and joy. It makes us stable and along with love and faith, it will always last.

In life, without hope there is no meaning, without hope there is fear and anxiety, without hope there is death. For me, hopelessness is like being thrown in an ocean, tossed too and fro, gasping for breath, waiting for that moment of not if but when, I will succumb to the waves. Life and this world has a way of just knocking us down and out. 

Hebrews 6:19-20 is a verse that steadies me. This hope is one that I can place in the Lord. It is hope in His word. In times of anxiety, trouble, and doubt, I can place my hope in God's promises. This hope will anchor me when the waves hit from all directions. This hope tethers me to Him. This hope is through Jesus, the one who goes into the Holy of Holies on my behalf. Yes, Jesus goes on our behalf behind the veil! How awesome is that?!?!


For todays Bible Art Journal, I wanted to focus on Heb. 6:19...

This is my third page, and I did if freehand. You know God is in this because it should look like a hot mess! Its not perfect, but I'm not perfect.  God was talking to me while I drew this. He reminded me that "I am putting my hope in a perfect God". Talk about anchoring me down... instant calm!

JOURNAL STEPS:
  1. 1. Grab a pencil and start drawing. Now, I am not an artist so I used a Google to search for anchor images. When I familarize myself of what an anchor looks like, I started drawing. Its okay, its only pencil, just have an eraser handy or in my case a BIG eraser.
  2. Using Prismacolor Pencils, start roughly filling in the picture with the colors you want.
  3. Start shading and deepening the color to try to get some dimension. This is a work in progress for me, but I will keep trying for shading with pencils.
  4. Using Faber Castell Gelatos, start filling in the background. Start light with the color and bend, keep going darker until you get the color you want.
  5. Finish it off with Faber Castell PITT Artist Pen.  I was trying to go for some shadowing with this too.
***I forgot to charge my camera, so I will post the video in the next couple of days.

I pray that you have a wonderful week, full of peace, courage and hope!


Thank you for stopping by and God Bless,






No comments:

Post a Comment