Monday, January 18, 2016

BE BRAVE

How many times have we told out kids, "be brave, you can do this...", etc?  I know I have said this and have had my parents tell me this too. But why? Because when we are brave, we can go on. It is that simple. When we are brave, we are effective. But let's take it a step further.

When God tells us to be brave, what is He really telling us? He is telling us to have the courage to face difficulty, pain, danger without fear. Why? Because He promises us that He will be with us. We don't to face situations in life without Him.

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

There is a wonderful blog post that I encourage you to hop over and read. Sister Liz did a wonderful break down of Joshua 1:9. I pray that it ministers you as much as it did me. Just click on this link:

God wants us to get this into our head. He tells us again in Deuteronomy.
 And the Lord commissioned Joshua the son of Nun and said, “Be strong and courageous, for you shall bring the people of Israel into the land that I swore to give them.
 I will be with you.” Deuteronomy 31:25

So here is my Bible Art Journal for this scripture.  The inspiration comes from a Facebook Group that I am a part of, Bible Art Journaling Challenge. Rebekah Jones has a blog also where she did a different Art Journaling Tech every week in 2015. For more info, click on this link: http://www.rebekahrjones.com/bible-art-journaling-challenge/

  1. Using clear letter stamps, I traced around each of the letters.
  2. Then cut out each letter to make a mask for the page
  3. Add a little washi tape to the back of each cut out letter and place on page where you want your letters to go
  4. Using Distress Ink, start to blend with blending tool the colors on the page and over the masked letters. When you pull the letters off, you will see the white area inside the color ink
  5. After you are done inking up your page, you will go back and stamp each letter into the white background left behind
  6. Trace each letter with your black journal pen. Also using white acrylic paint, add splatters on your page to finish it off
Here is the video for this page:


Thank you for stopping by and God Bless,
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment